What are the benefits of eating carrots
Carrots are one of the many common ingredients. Many people prefer carrots because it is very common and because of its rich nutritional value.
What are the benefits of eating carrots?
I will tell you what are the benefits of eating carrots, what are the ways to eat carrots, and what are the contraindications for carrots.
What are the benefits of eating carrots 1. Anti-cancer carrots can enhance the body’s immunity, have anti-cancer effects, reduce the chemotherapy response of cancer patients, and have a protective effect on a variety of organs.
Women eating carrots can reduce the incidence of ovarian cancer.
2. Prevention of cardiovascular diseases Carrot contains potassium hyaluronate to prevent vascular sclerosis and lower cholesterol, which has a certain effect on hypertension.
3, beauty and anti-aging β-carotene can increase the activity of red blood cells.
Peroxide free radicals can accelerate the aging of the human body, and people call it the “junk” of the body.
And beta-carotene can neutralize peroxidative free radicals in the body, which leads to a delay in aging.
4, treatment of skin diseases VA is necessary to maintain the integrity of all epithelial tissues, and β-carotene can be converted into VA in the human body.
Therefore, absorption of a certain amount of β-carotene is of great significance for maintaining normal body surface, digestive tract, respiratory tract, accumulated urethra, and endocrine tract products.Dermatosis such as polykeratohemorrhagic skin dryness.
β-carotene also has a good effect on the stability of cell membranes.
It can also be used to treat parasite “sunlight” caused by sun exposure.
5. Improving digestion and sterilization The rod cells on the retina contain rhodopsin and have the function of scotopic vision.
Proper amount of β-carotene can promote the normal content of rhodopsin, thereby avoiding the slow adaptation of the dark field caused by vitamin A, and avoiding the damage caused by the strong light after the dark field.
In addition, it can prevent night blindness, dry eye, corneal ulcer and corneal softening.
How to eat carrots 1. Carrot squeezed juice. Raw carrots can easily absorb the vitamins and minerals in the body, so drinking freshly squeezed carrot juice can relieve bowel movements and detoxification.
But eating raw is not the best way to absorb carotene.
For example, when you mix radish shreds, the more oil you put, the more carotene is absorbed, but too much oil is not good for your health.
2, cooked carrots can fully absorb carotene.
Carotene is a fat-soluble substance. Like lycopene in tomatoes, it can only greatly increase the absorption rate of carotene if it is properly oiled during cooking.
Even after just cooking, using a little sesame oil to cool down, you can get a lot of carotene, the effect is similar to when using a lot of oil.
Even without oil, close to your aunt in other dishes will also make carotene better absorbed.
3. It is best to eat carotene with meat because it is a fat-soluble substance, so it can be well absorbed only in fat.
Therefore, when eating carrots, it is best to eat them after cooking with oil, or with meat, to ensure that the effective ingredients are absorbed by the body.
Carrots fried with oil can also promote the body’s absorption of β-carotene.
The autumn climate is dry, carrots, potatoes, shredded, fried and crispy, and nourish the skin.
4, stew and eat anti-cancer carrots stew with other ingredients, such as beef and mutton, is also a good choice.
But you may want to cook the whole carrot first, then cut into pieces and stew with the meat for a few minutes.
According to a study by the University of Newcastle in the United Kingdom, this can increase the anticancer substance in carrots by 1/4 compared to cutting and cooking.
Carrots are not allowed to be used with 1. Carrots cannot be eaten with foods rich in vitamin C. Because carrots contain a substance called vitamin c degrading enzyme, this substance will break down vitamin c in foods, so if you chooseEating vitamin C food together will inevitably reduce the nutritional value of the food. Therefore, you must avoid carrots and apples, canola, hawthorn, papaya, white radish, jujube, tomatoes, peppers and pomegranateWait for the food to eat together.
2. Carrots cannot be eaten with vinegar. Vinegar is an acidic substance. If eaten with carrots, the carotene in the carrot will react with the vinegar, which will affect the carotene and the nutritional value will be greatly reduced.
Therefore, everyone must avoid adding vinegar to the fried carrots.
3. Carrots cannot be eaten with bamboo shoots. Bamboo shoots contain brass, sterols and other bioactive substances. If these substances are combined with carrots, they will cause serious damage to carotene. Naturally, the original carrotsThe nutritional value is also not reflected, so everyone should try to avoid duplication in daily life.
4. Carrots cannot be eaten with ginseng. We know that the warming effect of ginseng itself is very good, but carrots are cold foods, and ginseng is a hot medicine.Together, then, the warm-up effect will be replaced, so avoid eating carrots when eating ginseng.
5. Carrots cannot be eaten with traditional Chinese medicine. Avoid eating carrots at the time of traditional Chinese medicine. Of course, if you are taking Chinese medicine pills and proprietary Chinese medicines, you should also avoid eating carrots because carrots are placed in traditional Chinese medicine.Determines how quickly your body recovers, so everyone must stay away from carrots on the days of taking Chinese medicine.
Conclusion: Eating carrots has certain health benefits. There are many ways to eat carrots. You can cook carrots according to your preferences.
However, it should be noted that when eating carrots, you must not eat radish, vinegar, and bamboo shoots to avoid causing physical discomfort and loss of food and nutrition.